2.5
Coverage Area
Style and Design

I just got the ans ul 40 to replace my 4 th piece of *** phone, it doesn’t even work . Had it for an hour never worked , now I return it for another piece of *** phone yay!

Product or Service Mentioned: Assurance Wireless Cell Phone Replacement.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I liked: Its free service, Unlimited talk and text plus sufficient data.

I didn't like: Cust serv needs 2 b better or b remove as lifeline providers, How they mislabel their phone advertising.

• Defective Phones

Comments

Yup. Their biggest problem seems to be their phones.

Customers are NOT allowed to bring their own compatible phone to the service. Your choices are to BUY one of their POS substandard phones or BUY a new iPhone—because their parent company (Virgin Mobile) has switched over to iPhones ONLY. As an aporoved Lifeline provider, I feel Assurance should NOT be allowed to (a) force phones that don't work on customers who rely on this service as a literal lifeline, and (b) force customers to to PURCHASE a phone when we have compatible phones already paid for. They way Assurance operates looks a lot like a scam to me.

They get paid for the phones they send us regardless of whether they work or not, and regardless of whether our Lifeline service is working or not. I'd love to see the Lifeline administrators overseeing Assurance Wireless step in to either stop these practices or de-certify them as a Lifeline provider.