I received a text saying I'll be getting data. I thought how wonderful, but how?

I'm on a basic cheap phone...terrible phone. So I called and got the Philippines, and struggled to have a conversation, but was told I can buy a phone for $25. The choices were a Coolpad Avail or a Unimax 637c, and those are the only 2 phones that Assurance Wireless supports. I don't want to send my debit card info to the Philippines, so she told me I can buy them locally as long as it was Virgin mobile.

Okay, so I googled them and found out they are terrible phones. and I already have a terrible phone. I then checked Assurance Wireless site, FAQ - compatible phones to see what they had to say. They list ZTE Quest™,Unimax U673C, Coolpad Avail, ZTE Awe, ZTE Reef, Kyocera Event, Samsung GALAXY Ring™: What?

There are 7 choices? yay! After comparing on line, I decided on the Samsung, but wanted to be sure I didn't spend money on a useless phone so I called back. Got the Philippines again and was told the ONLY option is a ZTE Quest or the Unimax.

Sigh. I asked what happened to the Coolpad the first lady was trying to sell me? What about the phones listed on Assurance Wireless site? He only repeated...

the two phones are ZTE Quest and Unimax.

I asked what the story is and he hung up on me. So, 3 different Assurance Wireless affiliated sources gave me 3 different answers, and still don't know if I can use the Samsung.

Review about: Assurance Wireless Mobile Phone Service.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments

ForcefulBedlingtonTerrier154

The company truly does have issues when it comes to consistency, reliability, and support.

Yes I have the same problem they give you some cheap cell phone that don't work half the time, can't hear the other person your talking to recalling over and over all the time I just give up and hang up. Assurance wireless should a least give you a decent cell phone,

BustlingGreatWhiteShark866

I just got my first smartphone and i hate it already….But i have good news.With assurance wireless, and ONLY Assurance Wireless,You can call up and connect any compatible virgin mobile phone to your account.In other words, I will be ordering a flip phone off ebay and connecting it by calling assurance and connecting it to my account by providing them the numbers in the back of the phone!!!They list all of the phones that you can use on their websiteflip phones baby!!!I always knew i would hate smartphones!!!

Guess I'm not the on to get shafted by Assurance Wireless I have been with them about 3 months i have gone through 4 phones, they all have the exact same issues. Calling the 1800 number is useless I never get a American rep only in the Philippines, and they are NOT helpful its either their way or the highway. Never again.They should change their name to *** LESS!

to Another pissed off use #1468049

see my comment aboveYou can connect any virgin mobile phone to your assurance wireless account. They list all the compatible phones on their website.I will be connecting a FLIP PHONE soon. f these smartphones!!!Wha i do is i buy the phone myself, call assurance wireless,give them the numbers in the back of the phone and they will punch me right upthis is not true of any of the other obamaphone companies!!

to BustlingGreatWhiteShark866 #1531803

Dude you are so wrong. i have purchased Virgin phones that phone and facebook reps have told me were compatible and when I called to switch they couldn't do it

Same problem!! They have a list with pics of all sorts of phones you can "swap".I had an HTC Desire - nope; bot an iPhone 5s- nope; even bot a virgin mobile on the Sprint Network LGTribure - NO, AGAIN .So, because my phone was stolen I didn't have much choice but to buy a phone from them: unimax revolt.?!? Can't imagine it'll be worse than the first, I can actually buy an SD card for it ...

to Jennifer W #1468050

I have the same problem as you. I’m gonna take a gamble and buy the zte awe off eBay.

I heard the phones are so bad and the awe has the best reviews. Who knows if I can activate it!!