Coverage Area
Style and Design

Update by user Jan 11

1/11/2019Well, the 4th ANS UL40 replacement phone came in on Tuesday. I got it registered.

It worked for a few minutes then it started turning itself off. As it powered up, it goes to the blue splash screen, then says Powering Off.I sent the 4th one back on Wednesday, they are sending a 5th ANS UL40 phone. They told me that they only have this phone for the California market. But they said that sometime in 2019 they will be coming out with a newer replacement phone for the ANS UL40.

But no one seems to know when. The person I talked to said it might be an ANS UL41.I have not had a functional phone since mid November.

Update by user Jan 08

Everybody – I started a complaint with the Better Business Bureau regarding Virgin Mobile / Assurance Wireless. Regarding the Assurance Wireless responses and the ANS phone UL40 in December 2018Since early Nov 2018 I have had 3 failures, plus delays after delays getting a replacement that failed shortly after I get them.

I am waiting for #4, promised to me a week ago and was told it would be delivered overnight. 6 days later 1/7/19, still not here, according to the FedEx tracking number it is in their facility the next town over since Friday and today Monday it is not scheduled for delivery, and it doesn't show a delivery date. Different issue but a systemic issue with Assurance Wireless.But my complaint through the BBB REALLY got the attention of Sprint who owns the network that Virgin Mobile / Assurance Wireless uses.After multiple discussions with a really caring, and dedicated worker at Sprint, they cannot help me and seem to be as frustrated as me trying to get to the bottom of the issues. Why would I say they are frustrated?

They keep calling and emailing me to get to the bottom of the problem, even this past Sunday, I got an email. I was told in one of my multiple discussions with Assurance, from the initial customer service representative, to their tech Support, to finally a “Supervisor” that nothing can be done. They told me I can always upgrade the phone to fix the issues. They gave me a number for a company that sells (probably reconditioned) phones.

FYI, here it is 407 856 2666 their name is Quality 1, out of Orlando. But the products they show look like a joke. I never called them because it actually is Assurance Wireless who owes me a working phone.So my advice is file a complaint against Virgin Mobile through the BBB since Assurance Wireless is part of them.Let me know what happens with your efforts. I will keep you informed on mine.BTW – One of the Assurance Wireless employees let it slip that they have been inundated with issues from the UL40.

He said they will be replacing these phones (UL40) with one of 3 different phones. A UL 41 or 2 more that I unfortunately did not write down or can remember. When I told the Sprint Wireless person who is trying to help me, she said that they did not know if that was true, but she would look into it. She did, and she told me in a way I believe that Sprint has no knowledge of this happening.

I believe she probably got the Run-Around from Assurance Wireless. She was pissed at them because she works in Sprints Executive Offices, and her job is to get to the bottom of these issues.

Original review posted by user Dec 12, 2018

I signed up for Lifeline phone service in March. Paid a little extra for a larger phone to see and use.

It was lost in mid November. It took 10 days to get it to get a smaller phone from ANS.

It worked for 2 days then just started turning itself off. I called for a replacement, and 3 days later I got another ANS phone.

It lasted less than 24 hours. Immediately turning off, could not use.

I asked is there was a different brand, I was told no, even with my limited income I could scrape a few dollars together.

BUT NO. It has been another 7 days (12//12/2018) still no phone and I found out I missed a phone call from someone who wanted to hire me.

Please help

Product or Service Mentioned: Assurance Wireless Replacement.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: I needed a job and because of these useless phones I lost a $20/hr job.

Comments