Coverage Area
Style and Design

In August 2017, I got an Assurance Wireless UMX phone and service. I was soon bombarded with apps being not only advertised on my screen (which I was unable to prevent.

Even disabling the gallery app stopped working eventually, as did countless factory resets) but also being downloaded without my consent, and not from the Google Play store (I checked.) I got angry and switched to a paid service, and I don't regret it. Assurance Wireless support staff tried to tell me this happens with all android phones, but I haven't had an issue with my new android phone, so that was either a flat out lie or serious miscommunication, which I doubt the latter. Also, after I ported my number to the new service, I gave my brother the phone to use apps on, and he still has the issue despite it no longer functioning for calls, texts, or mobile data. It's not easy to make me angry, but Assurance Wireless accomplished that in their lies, evasion, and putting the freaking software on the phone in the first place.

I left in January 2018. I will NEVER go back, nor would I suggest anyone even try their service. 0 stars if I could. Image is a screenshot of one of the many ads I received.

If the company could contact me with a genuine apology and proof they will end this practice, that'd be nice. It may have been a free to me phone, but it was not worth the stress, and they got paid somehow.

Review about: Assurance Wireless Mobile Phone Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

this is what they were trying to fix for me when they literally fried my phones circuitry and they actually had the nerve to tell me there would be a 50 dollar charge to ship out a new phone, i said do you mean 5 or 15? NO SIR its 50 dollarsfor 50 dollars i can get my own phone at countless other stores in my area. thanks but no ty there phones are garbage