109 views
Verified Reviewer

I have a phone interview set up for Saturday January 24, 2020 and I have some video I would like to be seen or heard on the video. I recorded one that shows the phone not working properly.

After so much frustration I called to have them cancel my service.

Now, when they answer a call they let the customer know that they are recording the conversation. Fine, no problem. but when the tables are turned they tuck their tail and RUN, RUN, RUN.

So when they told me the phone call was being recorded I said that's fine and I just want to let you know that I was recording your company as well.

She said "can you please tell me what the problem is?" Sure, I said your phone hasn't worked since I got it and that it needed an exorcism because it was "possessed" and had a mind of it's own.

I went in to my list of things that I was having problems with.

First of all they send out "refurbished" phones that never worked to begin with. Then they had the nerve to charge me a 5.00 shipping fee to send me another "refurbished" phone.

I asked them how that was going to work since the first phone didn't and that I had felt it was dishonest to charge 5.00 for something that should be provided by them. It's a 5.00 vicious circle.

I went in to telling them that they were ripping off uncle Sam and the people of the U.S. that are paying tax dollars to provide a service for low income Americans.

I also brought up the fact that they won't let you use your own "quality" phone that I never had problems with.

She said she had to put me on hold and talk to someone. Well, surprise, surprise, NOT!

She said I had to quit recording the conversation or she would be suspended?

I told her I was refusing to turn off the recording since they had the right to record me I had the right to record them. I have the video recording of the conversation and I would like to enter it in to my interview on Saturday but it has personal information on it that needed to be blocked for my privacy. How can I get this or I should say these videos to you guys to edit prior to posting on your website?

Mind you, the service without a doubt will be shut off immediately. You will have to send me a phone number to contact you because I am having to use my phone on my gmail account until I can afford a phone at the beginning of next month.

Not only have I lost a service I met requirements to receive from the government but now I have to pay for service and go without any service until the 3rd of the month as I am unable to financial afford even 15.00 charge to start service with one of the cheaper providers for the elderly.

I desperately want to share this recording and the video I took before making the call that shows the horrible way this phone does not work.

Shutting itself down, not being able to record my voice on texts causing me to type everything and other issues as well.

I have to shut that thing down on the average 3 to 6 times a day by taking the battery out.

Like I said though, this has personal information that I don't want the public to get. Please email me with a number or email that I can attach these videos to.

One Pissedconsumer

Lonita Greene.

Product or Service Mentioned: Assurance Wireless Phone Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: disconnect service.

Assurance Wireless Pros: Government made my payments, Government paid bill.

Assurance Wireless Cons: Lousey phones, Unable to use my personal phone, Ran out of minutes before service was to be reupped, Phone sent was a piece of garbage, Complete lack of accountability for behavior.

Comments

They charged me $5 too and I was not charged that last time. The girl lied and said I was charged but when I looked on the website I was NOT charged.

They do send old phones.

Mine has a colored back on it and not as good of quality as the front. Also I can NOT find a case that fits!

Assurance Wireless Reviews