Soyung R Wxn

To get my old phone number

My phone was broken and I have a new phone from sky that was givin to me wanted to swith number over

Preferred solution: Numbsr transformed

Schok V

The good and the bad

ANYONE WHO WANTS TO SIGN UP MY FRIENDS AND I COACH PEOPLE ON TIPS. TEXT ME AT TOOWONNINE, SEVINSEVINSEVIN, FORENINEFPURTWO.

Be sure to explain in the first text while you're texting so I don't block you to spam. Be willing to pass along sometime and dedication to others who need help. We take only a few people a week to sign up because most of you can do it yourself. We do it because there are so many scammers on Facebook marketplace and people are getting scam of the most vulnerable people.

Plus many companies don't give a very good devices or data plans. Most companies talk about unlimited data but it is slow data and not many give much high speed data.

If you have problems signing yourself up you must send your last four digits of your social security number and your first and last name and your birth date. You should also send an address to mail the phone or tablet from whichever you are applying for because we will have them send it if you're eligible? And if you want one of the better free phones you are send me a picture of your ID with all four corners showing plus a little air space.

A good clear picture which is easy to read. And a picture of your eligibility such as food stamp card or Medicaid card or rent or utility assistance statement or a statement of your earnings for at least 3 months as long as they are below the RV level 200% for the income for your class you're eligible. If you want to apply for Lifeline also and your income must be below 1530 a month for one person household. But 2,200 a month for one person household for ACP benefit.

But if you make more than these you may not have to be eligible even so as long as you get assistance such as food stamps or Medicaid or other qualifying factors such as I disability or knowing how at all or have a child in school lunch program.

Here is a lot of info about the best way to sign up. Including people tired of assurance although they are still great in many ways and you can make it work if you learn to work around their shortcoming and they have had some changes recently. You can get upgraded phones for zero up to $50 or more from field agents for free but some are charging a copay I don't know how much depends on the person. But there are feelings who may give you a free upgraded revvl 5+ 5G phone.

Or it may cause 20 to $40. Some charge more than that. These phones are worth that if you can scrape up 50 bucks it will pay itself off without having to slow you down and time is money and these cheap free phones aren't worth d***** pay itself off without having to slow you down and time is money and these cheap free phones aren't worth d***** with. Slow phones steel time which is life which is money.

And you can also save up and get a good rugged smartphone resistant to water and damage on Alibaba for about half of the typical America price. O u k i t e l w p5 Pro or w20 pro. Or the black view Oscar s 60 pro. $90 on alibaba.

Be sure to get the other area or global version so it works in the us. These often sell over 150 in the us. Under $100 on if you shop properly.

Assurance Wireless has some great aspects about their service but there have been a couple of things recently that have gone downhill. I had great ability to reach a live operator but that has gone downhill.

If you're not a customer it can take a lot of attempts and different angles to try to reach the live operator. Plus they still give phones way too cheap but now you can find field agents on Facebook marketplace who are giving out some really nice upgraded phones. Some of these agents are charging 40 to $80 for these phones and they are worth over $150 but some agents are charging only $10 or $20 for these phones. Some of them are revvl5 plus 5G phones.

Very nice. But Assurance is still giving out the cheap free ones. For those of you who have problems with the data you may have to reset your APN settings I'm not an expert on this but I know I've seen it Assurance phones that use and Metro by T-Mobile APN and those phones unlock after 6 months and I have also seen T-Mobile proper APN settings and those unlock after 1 year. So there are many different things you'll have to study but if you're tired of Assurance Wireless you can go to SafeLink wireless.

They give SafeLink Wireless will give you a ton of fast data. Insurance gives the second biggest amount of fast data at 25 GB but twink Wireless will give you 60 in Metro not Metro but Tempo Telecom also known as lingo communications will give you 20 GB to fast data.

That is if you combine both your ACP and your Lifeline benefits together. So you would probably want to sign up for one of those three companies but if you need two separate free phone plans on two separate devices some people do need to do this if you must count as one household then you should use your ACP benefit by itself with SafeLink or Assurance or Boost Mobile or red pocket mobile or family mobile because they give 10 gigabytes of high speed data with unlimited talk and text and slow data. And SafeLink and Assurance may give you a free phone even if you use your ACP benefit alone.

Then you can use your Lifeline benefit to get a limited free monthly plan if you use Lifeline alone maybe four companies I know of will give it free phone if they still do.

Assurance Wireless and SafeLink Wireless and terracom wireless and American assistance AKA your call wireless. but there are usually a few companies at least in each zip code which will give you unlimited text with four and a half gigabytes mobile data plus 350 or 500 or 1000 or even unlimited minutes of talk per month for free if you use the lifeline benefit alone.

And the companies which give the best limited data plan if you use Lifeline benefit alone then I know of anyway are American assistance is tempo telecom. They both give unlimited talk and text with 4.5 GB of data. If you use the lifeline benefit by itself.

But if you're going to split up your benefits and use them separately you won't get as much high-speed total data that way you might get 15 GB or near that.

But it's a good choice for people who have a good home internet access and good access to Wi-Fi hotspots. And if you must count as one household. You can count as separate households unless you are a parent with children or a married couple with or without children. They are about the only people who must count as one household.

Even immediate family members if you are over 18 or if you're emancipated you can count as a separate household as long as you claim you don't share expenses.

And each of you should sign up for both lifeline and ACP coverage if you are eligible for both. You can sign up for lifeline and it will count also to sign you up for ACP automatically but you must choose company you apply each benefit with or if you use both for one company.

It's best if you can find an internet provider who will give you a home internet plan for $10 2 $20 per month out of pocket without using your ACP or your Lifeline benefit. Many providers have their own discounted program for low income. Comcast Xfinity Internet essentials it is free if you use your ACP benefit.

Many companies 20 or 30 across the Nation have free home internet plans if you use your ACP benefit. But the Internet essentials basic plan is only $10 a month if you don't use your benefits out of pocket and it's 50 Mbps enough for four or six devices at once to be running videos and 1200 GB of total data out a month.

If Comcast doesn't cover your area look for other companies you have discounted plans $10 or $20 without using your benefits. Spectrum assist plan. AT&T access plan.

Optimum advantage plan.

The optimum advantage plan sells you a refurbished 14-in Acer laptop 450. Xfinity Internet essentials low cost computer is a phrase you can type and you will see the customers can buy a new Dell Chromebook 3110 or a new deal latitude laptop 3120 or 3140 now for $150 worth $300.

You can also buy a refurbished laptop as low as $100 worth twice as much or more from PC's refurbished or from 3r technology in Washington State and there are three laptops you can buy and sell two of them for $100 profit and keep a third one.

But before you use your ACP benefit whether you use it for home internet, or whether you use ACP benefit combined with Lifeline to get one free data plan with a lot of high-speed data from SafeLink or assurance, or whether you use your ACP benefit with SafeLink or assurance and then use your Lifeline benefit with SafeLink or Assurance or terracom or American assistance...

YOU SHOULD FIRST USE YOUR ACP BENEFIT TO GET A DISCOUNTED TABLET FROM STAND-UP WIRELESS OR UNITY WIRELESS OR SARVER WIRELESS OR AIRTALK WIRELESS OR BOOST MOBILE OR SANO CONNECT.

Those companies give the best tablets for ACP program. But most companies who provide tablets don't get much high-speed data free so after 31 days you can transfer it to a company who will give you a better data plan.

What I would do if I were you guys is first sign up for a home internet plan for 10 or 15 or $20 a month out of pocket which does not require ACP or Lifeline benefit. And then use both lifeline and ACP with stand-up Wireless AKA global connection and you will get a generic but very good free phone.

Probably an HD 65 Vortex phone. And then you can pay $15 for one of the best ACP tablets a 10-in vortex.

and 31 days later you can transfer both benefits SafeLink Wireless and get another free phone which will unlock in 60 days. And you will get 60 GB of high speed data with unlimited talk and text and slow data free.

You can also get Chromebooks refurbished as low as $40 from Chromebooks r us.

Preferred solution: Recently win a new customer calls insurance if you don't already have a phone number you can't reach a live operator

Vince Goc

| map-marker Columbia, South Carolina

Okay the first guy I talked to was very courteous helpful and useful the second lady I talked to could hardly understand English she was rude and ended up hanging up on me

Assurance Wireless - Okay the first guy I talked to was very courteous helpful and useful the...
Assurance Wireless - Okay the first guy I talked to was very courteous helpful and useful... - Image 2
I called in and told him my phone was not picking up like it used to and they swapped my plan around and got me on another plan and they were supposedly sending me a new Motorola phone the he said 7 to 12 days it's been 3 weeks now and I called to tell that lady that and she hung up on me you don't understand what I was saying I had to repeat myself several times and well it just wasn't very nice call that's pretty lightly overall with yours company very reliable and I've had no complaints for a year and a half and your phone system sucks have someone who can speak English on board

User's recommendation: Somebody can speak English

Melissa D Clp

Verified Reviewer

I just want the refund I was promised after being lied to by not one but two employees!!

Original review Jul 19, 2023

When I first became a customer, I received a phone from you guys that was defective. When I try to take a picture the camera causes pictures to look like it's shattered glass& I will include a "picture" so you can see yourself.

I also have to shout into the phone for anyone to hear me!! which is no fun!!. So when I called the first time to report issues, I was told that I could choose a new phone!!!All I have to do is get on this website and I get choose a phone for $20, for the shipping, which is a lot to me right now. I'm very low income which is why I'm on lifeline service in the first place.

I didn't see a phone on the website the woman gave me to get on so I called back and spoke to a gentleman who read off a list of phones to choose from. I chose the Moto g play. I was actually sort of excited about it.. he then told me that I would be receiving the moto within 7 to 10 business days.

I then paid the $20 shipping & handling over the phone with this gentleman. I receive a phone in the mail 7 to 10 business days later and it's some random junk phone that's worse than the phone I have right now!! Not even close to a moto g play. So I call immediately and I speak to customer service.

I speak to a supervisor who says not to worry, for this one she will see to it that I get a full refund for my shipping .(that I could not afford to pay in the first place and would not have paid had I not been lied to and told by two employees I can choose a phone) I would be getting a full refund all I had to do was return the phone that they sent me and wait 7 to 10 more business days for my refund after they receive it. I have called back there since 4 or 5 days after I sent it back, which I want to say was the middle of June somewhere to the 1st of July! it's been plenty of time for you guys to have received the phone and now you guys are telling me that you either you haven't received the phone yet, you cannot or will not give me a refund because it was For shipping, and it's not related to you guys ? Well it is when you guys lied to me to get me to pay the shipping!!!

And it is related to you when I was promised a refund when I called about the phone that I was lied to about !! I've been told you guys haven't received the phone also which by now 3 weeks later you guys have definitely received the phone it's Federal Express come on they don't take that long!! I don't think it's right to lie to your customers.. oh and also you know your customers are upset so you lie to them and tell them someone will call them right back numerous times now I've called and I've gotten the same thing out of several different people that's pretty ridiculous is it a training class that you put people through??

To just tell customers whatever they want to hear and get off the phone with them?? Tell people whatever you got to tell them to get off the phone I mean I don't understand how the government is subsidizing you guys as a company you guys are totally unprofessional and your behaviors uncalled for and you guys do owe me a refund and I will not stop until I get one because I'm out of phone and I'm out 20 bucks for a phone so I feel I'm not a refund and Im owed a huge apology as well bc never once has anyone tried to give me my refund that I was promised in the first place!!

I rightfully deserve it, I sent back the phone like I was told if I do I would get a refund. Now im without a new phone and I'm without $20 how is that even right at all??!

Loss:
Pros:
  • I was able to make and receive calls and use internet
Cons:
  • Horrible customer service

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: I would recommend that you guys use a completely different company entirely because if you have any kind of customer service related issues you will be treated like crap you will be lied to you will be hung up on you will be told that someone will contact you back if it's something that they can't resolve right away and they lie to you because no one ever calls you back they don't care about the money or anything else that might be troubling you or the fact that you might be put out by this money that you paid and they won't give the refund they promised I would recommend q link is what I would recommend or some other government phone company cuz there's plenty of them out there

Guest

Contact the FCC to file a complaint. That's the only way to get results until your next problem arises.

I use to have them and switched service to AirTalk wireless. All my 12 plus years with nonASSURANCE wireless half were a complete headache filled with lies and bad service. The only way to get results is to file a complaint with FCC so that the Corporate offices can fully assist.

Good luck but I got rid of my headache! Good riddance and hope this info helps!

Eric G Zbo

Need to talk to assurance wireless person

The way you all dodge someone being able to talk to a human is so sick and should be illegal. I have received a letter from Assurance saying that you will close my account if I don't use it soon for the lifeline or to add 10$ for pay as you go.

I am not supposed to have an account with you at all. I talked to an Assurance sales person standing out front on a dollar store. I told him that I was interested I'm knowing the deal but don't sign me unless I enroll because it will cancel my current phone service. He said that if I qualified, I could get the talk text data and a free phone.

I clarified that I had money so it would have to coste nothing. He said that that was the case. He said that we can check to see if I qualify and again I said make sure my current service isn't cut off and oh yes, it won't be cut off. He checks, I qualify and I agree to the deal.

He does some things setting me up, I guess and then tells me that I have a choice of phones; one for 60$ and another for a hundred. I tell him that it was supposed to be free and like I told him earlier, I have no money. So, sorry, um, have to have 60$ for a phone. I tell him I don't.

He says that when I do I can find him at some other location after today. I say, make sure I don't lose my other service. He's like: no problem. I get home and shortly my current service is cut off.

That really screwed me, so you know. I start trying to find a number to call you but, like right now you evil *** I couldn't get anyone because why? I don't have my *** u rents phone number. Yeah, right, no phone number.

You're con artists. So, while searching for a way to resolve the problem, there is no way, you just like screwing poor people to make money off the government, I do see the current advertisements for your plans and guess what? You are including free phones with the plan, ie. your salesperson was screwing people out of money, no surprise after seeing how *** U rents is screwing the masses(poor people), for profit.

I never got a phone from you. I never got a phone number. Sneaky trick to only take calls from people with an *** U rents number. You did that crap on purpose, so you all can just keep making $ while screwing the consumer and the government.

Well I eventually, got a plan with my old carrier again, crappier phone and less data, see how you screwed me, and thought I was done with it until now. Got your damn letter with that damn phone number that will only allow something that makes you more money unless I can enter my *** U rents phone number and well, since I can't, because I don't have one(jerks), you recordings kindly hang up on me.That number is the only one you all will give( evil, bloodsucking, opportunistic parasitic scavengers), (yeah, YOU). I know that you don't care,

But should you want to prove me wrong you might consider doing something real nice for me to make up for the stress you caused when you and you salesperson screwed me. I'm pissed.

I'm thinking Better Business Bureau, I'm thinking talk to ACP about your mercinary predatorial crooked practices and I'm thinking about ambulance chasing lawyers that make their living sucking $ out of you vampires. So, I DON'T HAVE AN ASSURANCE PHONE NUMBER because I AM NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE AN ASSURANCE ACCOUNT. So, give me money and/or phones, tablets with unlimited completely free talk, text and unlimited Wi-Fi and more money or SCREW YOU BACK!

FIX THIS & MAKE IT RIGHT or I will do everything within my power to get you as hard as my perception is of how YOU SCREWED ME. A patronizing email will get you what you deserve.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Vampires sucking lifeblood from the disadvantaged and government

Preferred solution: Money

Billy D Woj

Verified Reviewer

Refund on money for service that didn't get used

Assurance Wireless - Refund on money for service that didn't get used
Hello I paid for this service for my state phone and never even used it, so wanted to see about getting my money bck please, here is the reciet for purchase
Loss:
Pros:
  • Good service area coverage
Cons:
  • Nothing i could see to be 100 truthfully

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Keep your phone active and enjoy the free phone service God bless

Marilyn E Twl

Connect

Assurance Wireless - Connect
I just received my new cellphone and was instructed to call so you can connect and give me my new cell numberLike

Preferred solution: Connected & new number

map-marker Kalamazoo, Michigan

An hour of my life gone

Assurance Wireless - An hour of my life gone
I spent over an hour on the phone with Assurance Wireless and I still don't have internet. I am told I have a basic plan and, for a cost, I can upgrade to a premium plan to get the unlimited data they advertise. I was assured [ha!] I wouldn't even have to restart the phone to get the data I was promised. Even after restarting the phone, I DON'T HAVE ANY DATA.

User's recommendation: Run away

Crapola

Charges $20 for replacement phones

I been a long time customer of Assurance. And just recently learned they charge $20 to send out a replacement phone. They are a huge business. They charge for shipping fees just started this year is insane. With inflation and rise of costs out of control. Big businesses like this take advantage of low income families and individuals. It's really disappointing how this business that gets federal funds charges insane prices for refurbished phones.
Pros:
  • Customer service
Cons:
  • Replacement phone fees

Preferred solution: For the company to waive shipping fees for customers on replacement phones

User's recommendation: SafeLink

Resolved
Kathryn C Zop

Verified Reviewer

Resolved: Havent received my cell phone

Updated by user Oct 13, 2023

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. Shortly after I wrote Pissed Consumer about assurance Wireless and you noticed them.I got my phone. Thank you so much for intervening.

Original review Sep 13, 2023
My name is Kathryn Causey. I have been approved for phone through assurance wireless.

I have been verified and approved through national verifier. I am disabled and on medicaidd and food stamps. My problem is I have been dealing with assurance well over a month. I cant seem to get my phone.

I use my my sisters phone. Everytime I call an agent tells me something different. I want to know why I cant get my phone. If I had an email address for your CEO I would send him this email.

Your people need to be retrained. I know Assurance has a contract with the government to furnish service for low income people on food stamps and medicaid. I met all
Qualifications.

I have a heart condition and I need my phone. Would you please get my phone to me before I have to contact my Senator and a lawyer.
My dob is 05/28/58.
Kathryn Causey

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: Please stay on top of Assurance Wireless. Doesn't seem like agents are very well trained

Mary F Slh

Verified Reviewer

Phone says cellular network not avaipable

Nothing has happened nothing The solution or someone's input any help in my problem I don't get it And a lot of nothing 0

Preferred solution: Of the reserve is response

Dorothy F Dpu

| map-marker Winchester, Virginia

Phone still not working

Updated by user Sep 25, 2023

They said I haven't had service since July and spoke to them Friday September 22 2023 after they had sent me 2 more replacement phones and swears they didn't Was suppose to send me return envelopes and said they never said that I thought they record THESE conversation...

Updated by user Aug 23, 2023

Been checking out all free government phones and services but not getting anywhere cause of Assurance Wireless saying I'm still their. Customer but no phone

Original review Aug 22, 2023
I'm writing this letter to let someone in charge can read about my problems and how I been treated since June 2023 well to begin with I still have NO WORKING PHONE HAD TO SEND BACK 2REPLACEMENT PHONES THAT NO ONE COULD GET WORKING IHAD TO PUT TEXT NOW APP ON OLD PHONE ALL I GOT TY WAS LIES I E BEEN A LOYAL CUSTOMER FOR 15 YEARS AY THEN GET A LETTER FROM YOU ALL SAYING IF I DY USE MY PHONE I WOULD LOSE MY SERVICE HOW CAN I LOSE SERVICE WHEN YOU NEVER GOT IT WORKING AND YESTERDAY I WAS ON MY PHONE AND IT WENT BLACK AND SAID EMERGENCY CALLS ONLY IT WOULDN'T EVEN LET MY TEXT NOW APP WHICH RUNS ON MY WI-FI IMEI 325216****08883. ICCID 890124****76314****F THESE ARE THE NUMBERS ON MY OLD YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO BE MAILING ME A REPLACEMENT PHONE CONFIRMATION NUMBER 179242**** I GUESS THAT'S ALL I HAD TO EXPLAIN WHAT WAS GOING ON TURN OLD PHONE BACK ON SO I CAN USE MY TEXT NOW APP PLEASE DOROTHY FRYE dmgarrett440@***.com I hope someone higher up gets this THANK YOU
Cons:
  • Way i was treated
  • Doctor can not reach me most important
Yutaka Lrq

Same here...Got an approval letter 1/6...a phone about a week later which I activated about a week later... I asked ASW if it would be possible to change the number on that phone to my old phone number and was told that it would be "no problem"...I was told that the change was successful and that my old number had been restored However, anyone trying to reach me at my old number, can't, because that number doesn't ring through on the phone.

And any calls that I make register as coming from the number ASW was supposed to and insists that it changed! Further, the changed number is the only one ASW has on its record... Worse, ASW is warning me that I'd better use the phone within thirty days or lose service. Of course, I've used the phone ASW sent everyday for almost two weeks.

ASW promises everyday that they are going to remedy the situation. Ha! I been told by CA Lifeline and ACP, both of which programs, I am enrolled, that I need to switch to another company as quickly as I can because ACP enrollment is ending 2/8.

So, ASW is endangering the rights of many of us to these benefits. I

Madonna B Bnk

| map-marker El Paso, Texas

Trying to get my phone connected.

Assurance Wireless - Trying to get my phone connected.

I have had my replacement phone (took around a month to get it) for about 2 weeks now, but having a lot of trouble trying to get it connected. Many times I call only to hear we cant take your call right now.

Try back later! The day I nearly got it connected the rep asked me to see if I could find the charger for my old phone. (Because she said she wouldnt be able to send a charger separately.) I was trying to find it (no luck) As I came back to phone the rep had started hanging up and there was a recording like have a nice day!The person who was helping me had already got the IMEI number and was in the process of transferring all the info to this new phone so I didnt know if all was finished or not. Now I have found out the phone doesnt have a SIM card so it is still not connected.

I am about to give up completely on this phone.

My timing seems to be off regarding the hours which I need to call Assurance Wireless! PLEASE HELP ME as I need to have my phone.

Madonna C Byers (cherfox7@***.com)

User's recommendation: I cannot tell anyone else what to do, except maybe start calling early am. I have always had good experiences with Assurance Wireless in the past 15 years!

Randolph D Xmp

| map-marker Kinston, North Carolina

Cannot contact company to cancel relationship

Tried to speak to a customer service representative on a phone line. 10 calls. Cut off by Assurance robot every time because I did not have an Assurance number for my phone

User's recommendation: don't ever try to contact Assurance to speak to customer service. waste of time.

Krue Tvq
map-marker Tampa, Florida

I am total fuming pissed at the customer service department and how they handle their calls

I had no issue until I had a charging issue with the device I had for well over a year. The refused to send me a replacement phone.

So I decided to go with different carrier.

But both companies lied to me and as soon as I got the new company phone I cancelled and went right back to assurance wireless I was told that from the start I was on acp program the way I was originally which was not the case and I have had several reps tell me case i asked to speak with a manager that they would tell me the same thing they were even getting hung up on the device sent out is not working property told I was number one priority at beginning of week and that the rep was communicating with head office in regards to my on going issues and was told that they would make sure I got a revvl 4 sent to me by the end of the week conf number 17952**** which again lies I also was on the phone near closing last night requested a supervisor and the lady kept assisting to help me she finally after telling me they are only going to tell u the same thing I am and instead of a supervisor coming in the line or the rep taking info to cintact me at opening of next day business hours she hung up on me this has been an on going issue now for a good month now with me on the phone at least once but more likely several times a day to have none of this mess taken care of your representatives all but josh and a supervisor 2 or 3 days ago were the only ones that were helpful which i wish i could contact and no one else cause they were extremely polite and helpful the rest are RUDE UNCARING AND SURE DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DO THEIR JOBS AT ALL I WAS HUNG UP ON Several TIMES AND I KNOW I got pissed used language that I normally would not use but i ren in the phone for now a month with nothing being handled this is a joke and I think really that the whole customer service needs to be spoken to and trained how to speak and deal with a customer who as gone Thur *** with nothing getting done but passing the buck to the next person to handle this is not except able your company HAS. 592 COMPLAINTS WITH ONLY 6% IF THEM HANDLED AND RESOLVED IN MY OPINION THAT IS A RED FLAG AND A *** JOB DONE WITH THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES PART IT IS NOT COOL HOW UNPROFESSIONAL MOST ALL HAVE BEEN OUT OF ALL ONLY THREE I WISH I COULD TALK TO HANDLE THIS I Thinking IF AGAN Going WITH ANOTHER CARRIER CAUSE THIS IS Just NOT AWAY TO TREAT A Customer AT ALL THIS COMPLAINT NEEDS TO BE SEEN BY THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED WITH ALL EMPLOYEES There ISa diffrent carrier go to NO REASON WHY I Should STILL NEED TO BE DEALING WITH THIS CRAP

User's recommendation: Go with a different carrier

Tove D

Verified Reviewer

No option to reach customer service

Original review Aug 22, 2023

I have a phone through lifeline which got deactivate due to me not making a call or sending a text onve a month in order to keep my service active, I've called lifeline to see if there was a way I could have my deactivated lifeline phone reactivated rather than having them ship me another phone and for days they gave me the run around. A Lifeline customer service rep told me I needed to contact assurance wireless to see if they could reactivated it on their end because lifeline only does the application process and such so I then was given a number to contact assurance wireless which was 1-88*-***-****, can't even get a live agent to answer, upon calling your given 3 options, none of which puts you in contact with a live rep, its imposssible and quite frustrating to say the least not to mention the automated system tends to disconnect you almost everytime.

So ultimately I was told that they needed to send me out a new phone since my old one was deactivated which could take up to 7-10 days.

I was honestly hoping they could've just reactivated the one I already have and not have to wait 7 to 10 days. So I guess the phone I currently have is of no use since it can't be reactivated which I find it hard to believe that there's no way for them to reactivate an old phone

Pros:
  • Free phone service for low-income people
Cons:
  • Nonexistent customer service and unresolved issues

User's recommendation: DO NOT WASTE YOU TIME WITH THIS SERVICE.

Ciera Ymq

Customer service has been very inept with my service. First, I can't understand anything clearly because nobody speaks fluent English!

Than they lie about no charge replacement cell. I paid 30 bucks. Waited for over two weeks when it should of been 3. And now they will suspend my service if they don't get cracked one back.

Why? Wtf does that mean?

Nobody said it was necessary until after the fact. I'm pissed!

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article