1.5
Coverage Area
Style and Design

I have used Assurance for the majority of the last 4 years. I am disabled with two special needs children.

What a tragic car crash can do to a family. But we depend on this service. When I took a break from Assurance (due to weariness interacting with rude, overly scripted agents) I was happy to hear returning promised a small allotment of Data. However, after 9 months of excuses and still no data activated online, I am once again leaving service.

Honestly, none of the free lifeline companies are good. It's a money grab and the offshore customer service crimes are just that. Even though you are baited to them with promises of great working older iPhones, you will never see one. Those are hoarded and resold for a profit by these companies.

Most are supplied to them in deeply discounted cost for customers who are instead sent inferior phones typically incapable of fulfilling promised services. The ZTE androids are slow in every way. SO much so that during a 911 call to get help for my child suffering a stroke, it froze and crashed. I was in terror waiting for it to power on again while literally holding my son's head.

All the IT troubleshooting is scripted and if something does not follow "the track" on paper, they transfer or accidentally on purpose hang up. My disabled teen son uses the lifeline phone to stay in contact when I am not home. Too many times the service dies, phone fails or a combination of both. Lifeline...is not SAFE.

None of these companies will offer good service, good phones, reasonable customer service nor any form of technical support. Best advice is to expect little to prevent frustration. I do draw the line when service creates a risk to life, rather than a lifeline to safety. WHen Assurance switched to Sprint based support coverage, our calls barely get through.

Virgin Mobile was better for my area. You just need to use the phone for voice and barely text. Use other budget companies for the more multi-tasking parts of mobile life. Aside from the already unacceptable issues outlined above, Assurance allows tons of robocalls through, annoying random texts and too many government polling inquiry calls.

Our phone seems to ring constantly, yet never for us. I've written a book here. My point is, the service is voice only and barely that. The stolen data is an issue, and I strongly encourage you to report that violation as it is federal fraud.

As bothersome as it is, recording every time minutes are stolen, consumed in calling provider, or data not being accessible than reported to your state consumers office is key. ANd then report to FCC. It will take that before things change. I wish all my Lifeline consumers better life and more abundant finances so programs like this are not a must-have for your home.

None outshine the others, it's a local measure post to use as a guide.

But seriously....report the dan data being stolen. They get paid so much for that and with NET Neutrality gone, it will get worse.

Product or Service Mentioned: Assurance Wireless Mobile Phone Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Provide refund for data pack purchased privately to replace stolen data and cell phone reliable to perform tasks in a safe , swift responsive time. Specs should be above basic standards to ensure connectivity and functioning..

I didn't like: Customer service behaviors are condescending, Overly scripted and inflexible to met actual needs, Inability to properly troubleshoot technical issues, Complete lack of accountability for behavior, Failure to provide data.

Comments