They're liars, trying to do whatever they can to deny free minute plan to low income people. I faxed applications 3 times to them, mailed them 1 hard copy. Every time I checked on the application status, they always said they never received it.

So I threatened them with negative reviews if they are still b/s with me. So agreed to review application. 3 weeks later, I received their response, stating "The date of birth you submitted cannot be confirmed"...

I pulled the hard photocopy of the application out. The DOB is *** right there. I called & confront them and they said they'll review my application... OMG!

A bunch of liars.

Product or Service Mentioned: Assurance Wireless Phone Plan.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

I was given an paper form Assurance Wireless Application by an Social Worker at DSHS Office. I took it home, completed the form and followed all directions as instructed to the tee.

I included copies of all documents as required for verification proof of eligibility (photo copy of my current valid drivers license, approval letters for my benefits of SNAP Food Stamps + DSHS Client ID# and MEDICAID INSURANCE. Photo copy of my MEDICAID CARD CLIENT ID# with my application form when mailed it to Assurance Wireless Address as provided on the form. I also completed the ONLINE APPLICATION ON WEBSITE. 3 weeks later, I received 2 letters both having same dates on cover pages.

1 stating that my application form was outdated, therefore it was denied. 2 stating Thank You for applying, all they needed to finish processing my application for approval is for me to send copies of documents for proof of eligibility verification. IF I HAVE ALREADY SENT THEM PLEASE DISREGARD THIS LETTER. So, I called customer service and spoke with an agent.

Confused on exactly what they needed from me and for me to do to resolve this matter? *Clearly I have already submitted both paper application form (now claim as outdated) and current Online Applications. All my documents have been sent and they have obviously received them, as they were inside the same envelope with my outdated paper form application. THEY HAVE RECEIVED ALL THEY NEED FOR MY APPLICATION PROCESS.

She spoke with her supervisor and determined I was correct, and assured me there was nothing more I needed to send them. Told me that if I did not receive anything from them within 10 days to call back. 10 days later (now been more than 1 month since originally applied) the customer service agent and her supervisor inform me, I MUST START ALL OVER AND COMPLETELY RE-APPLY + RE-SEND ALL DOCUMENTS AGAIN! That the original documents I sent them month prior have been shredded and they no longer have them.

TOLD ME TO GO BACK TO DSHS OFFICE FOR ASSISTANCE IN PERSON SOCIAL WORKER CAN GET APPLICATION PUSHED THROUGH AND APPROVED SAME DAY. I WENT IMMEDIATELY TO DSHS OFFICE FOR HELP, AND WAS INFORMED THEY DO NOT IN ANY WAY ASSIST PEOPLE WITH PHONE RELATED MATTERS, WHATSOEVER!!!! I WAS HOWEVER ABLE TO FIND A PLACE TO USE FAX MACHINE TO RE-SEND MY COMPLETE 7 PAGES NEW APPLICATION AND DOCUMENTS FOR PROOF OF ELIGIBILITY. I DO HAVE THE FAX SHEET COVER PAGE WITH CONFIRMATION # THEY WENT THROUGH AND RECEIVED AT ASSURANCE WIRELESS END.

YET, CHECKING MY APPLICATION STATUS ONLINE THROUGH ASSURANCE WIRELESS WEBSITE STILL SHOWING EXACT SAME RESULTS AS EVERY CHECK FOR PAST WEEKS = "APPLICATION REQUEST HAS BEEN RECEIVED" I AM DISABLED WITH LIFE THREATENING MEDICAL CONDITION, UNABLE TO WORK $0 INCOME, ONLY FOOD STAMPS + MEDICAID BENEFITS. I HAVE WEEKLY ONGOING MEDICAL TESTS, DR. APPOINTMENTS AND PROCEDURES. HAVING A PHONE IS CRITICAL TO MY SITUATION RIGHT NOW AND ALL I HAVE RECEIVED SO FAR IS A BUNCH OF RUN AROUND NONSENSE AND GRIEF CONTINUOUSLY FOR MORE THAN A MONTH SO FAR...

WHEN WILL I GET MY PHONE????? "THIS"...

IS THE IDEA OF ASSURANCE WIRELESS PROVIDING HELP FOR PEOPLE WHO DESPERATELY NEED IT AND WITHOUT ANY DOUBT DO QUALIFY... THAT IS PATHETIC AT BEST

Blah blah blah what do you expect for a free phone don't have to pay a monthly fee. You will experience all kinds of people who don't know what they are doing giving you the run around that's just something we have to put up with if we want something if don't want it move on. Free phone and no monthly fee.

to ChristopherLopez29 #1661470

Blah blah blah. Good is good and bad is bad.

Billionaire companies own cell towers. It doesn't really cost anything to let people use them. Every cell phone user actually does pay for Universal lifeline service on each bill, never mind what the government gives the companies. Greed.

Assurance charges for shipping and handling, etc. Do it right or don't do it at all.

How much does time cost dealing with unnecessary issues? Some think there time is worth quite a bit.

Did the same to me "The date of birth you submitted cannot be confirmed".I think they are just cheaters and liars,and I will not deal with them (I am not desperate ).But would like to see someone face to face just to see how liars and cheaters look like.

You have not seen bad until you deal with safelink, their customer support is from central america they will lie hang up on you and god forbid you call them from your cell phone, they will put you on hold and burn up your minutes and calls to them are not free. I cant even get them to fix the caller ID so my name comes up when I call people, they tell you that you have to call another number, not e-mail but call them so you burn up more minutes,so save yourself from this "NIGHTMARE" do not use safelink, you have been warned...